* Apart from humans, the only land animal that cries is the elephant.
* A hippopotamus can run faster than a man..
* Mark Twain was born on a day in 1835 when Halley's Comet came into view. When he died in 1910, Halley's came into view again...
* The average woman's brain weighs around 4 oz lighter than a man's. The brain of a Neanderthal man was bigger than both..
There is enough telephone cable under New York to reach Venus.
* A lizard discovered inside a block of a ice buried 33 ft below ground level in Siberia, was found to be alive.
* The three astronauts who spent twelve weeks in space on the Skylab mission had grown two inches taller by the time they returned to Earth..